- Neuron ESB
- Samples and Walkthroughs
- Client API Samples
The Filter By samples demonstrate message routing through Subscriber topic subscriptions and conditions.
When routing by topics, messages are routed to parties that subscribe to a particular topic or subtopic. Sometimes a particular party may want to only receive messages based on some type of condition, such as a value based on an XPATH lookup.
In the Filter by XPATH sample, the subscribing parties filter the messages they subscribe to by adding a condition on the topic subscription where the body matches an XPATH value.
In the Filter by Object sample, the subscribing parties filter the messages they subscribe to by adding a condition on the topic subscription where the body matches a specific object type.
In the Filter by Subtopic sample, the subscribing parties filter the messages they subscribe to by subscribing to a specific subtopic.
Running the Sample
Open the Sample
To open this sample, see the topic Using the Neuron Samples and select one of the samples under Client API->Subscriptions.
Before running this sample, follow these instructions:
- In the Visual Studio project that opens, add a reference to Neuron.Esb.dll in all four projects.
- Configure the solution for multiple startup projects, setting all four projects to Start.
- Build the solution.
- In Visual Studio, press F5 to start all four projects.
- Once all programs have connected to the ESB, press Enter on the Sender to initiate communication.
- As the sample runs, the Sender sends several messages to the ESB and displays the responses.